Appalachian Trail Experience 2006: Just Gene

My AT adventure began on 4/4/06 at Springer Mtn was completed on 8/6/06 at Mt Katahdin. I averaged 18mi/day with an average pack weight of 40lbs. I resupplied every 2 weeks via mail drops and spent lots more money on food along the trail. I took a total of 8 days off spending 6 of them with my wife. I'm looking forward to doing it again...a bit more slowly the next time...:)

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Logistics 202


The plan includes 8 packages of essentials to be mailed to a designated location every 250 miles. Each package will contain a 14 day supply of dehydrated food; new map set; batteries to run steri-pen, headlamp, and camera; new socks and sock liners; disposable razor; toilet paper; trail mix; ziplock bags; new shirt and shorts/pants for a new look...;-).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I envy you! Wish my wife would let me go. I'll be keeping an eye on your journal entries. Fair winds and bowing seas. -Bruce

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home