Appalachian Trail Experience 2006: Just Gene

My AT adventure began on 4/4/06 at Springer Mtn was completed on 8/6/06 at Mt Katahdin. I averaged 18mi/day with an average pack weight of 40lbs. I resupplied every 2 weeks via mail drops and spent lots more money on food along the trail. I took a total of 8 days off spending 6 of them with my wife. I'm looking forward to doing it again...a bit more slowly the next time...:)

Monday, February 27, 2006

Remembering the rush in 2005...


Anticipating the start of my 2006 AT thru-hike...

View from 100 mile wilderness trek...

6 Comments:

Blogger Videos by Professor Howdy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gene: Congradulations! Boy do I envy you. Eveyone needs a wilderness experience once in their life. I'm looking forward to reading you journal.

Fair winds and following seas...

Bruce Lanctot

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

from one of your brothers in Lewiston Maine, I hope all goes well with this trip and you are blessed with great memories to share when you are done! Love Mike and Chad

10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi uncle Gean hoping u have a great trip and see great things, and that picture of u of top of the mountain is amazing hope to see u this summer.

Love Chad

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, glad to see you are doing well...did you know your sister Marg is in North Carolina with her family?not sur4e where but I know they can see the ocean, so wave to the east! hope your adventure continues to be manageable and gratifying to you. We are watching Love Mike and Chad....

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there 'Ansel Adams', I had no idea you are doing this. Good for you. It looks like your getting the most out of your life and living it the way you really want it to be. The photos are awesome.
Good Luck and thnks for the note.

Best Wishes Bob Korvas

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home