Appalachian Trail Experience 2006: Just Gene

My AT adventure began on 4/4/06 at Springer Mtn was completed on 8/6/06 at Mt Katahdin. I averaged 18mi/day with an average pack weight of 40lbs. I resupplied every 2 weeks via mail drops and spent lots more money on food along the trail. I took a total of 8 days off spending 6 of them with my wife. I'm looking forward to doing it again...a bit more slowly the next time...:)

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Logistics 101


Over the last few years, I have upgraded most of my gear to lighter and more durable materials. All my gear was tested on a recent 100mi wilderness trek and final adjustments have been made... Kelty Shadow 4500 pack; REI pack cover; Kelty Lightyear 25 sleeping bag; Steri-pen (water treatment system) with lithium batteries this time; MSR's Hubba-Hubba tent; my faithful Optimus 8r stove with additional fuel flask; 2Nalgene 1 liter water bottles; lightweight pot for boiling water; a couple of good walkin sticks; thermalite z-rest sleeping pad; layers of clothing all lightweight and quick dry; water shoes; and a good hat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home